My Guilty Pleasure- Perfumes


What is a guilty pleasure? It is something you enjoy and considers pleasurable despite sometimes feeling guilty for enjoying it. Like binging on chocolates, when you know you shouldn't or eating fatty foods you like, when you are on a diet.

My guilty pleasure is buying perfumes, even when I have a dressing table crammed full of fragrances.  I yearn for more.  The bottles are a beauty and the whiff of scent is often intoxicating. A swift journey to Nirvana every time.

I will never forget when I first smelled LOLA by Marc Jacobs. Oh, it was nose-spinning! I was in perfume paradise. Marc Jacobs starts the seduction from the exterior of the bottle, it's like foreplay, A foreplay I love.  he delights your eyes and you cannot keep your hands or in this case your nose from what is within. And in 2011 he came out with Oh! LOLA.



Today I tried a new one Reb'l Fleur by Rihanna. and oh it rocked my scented world. Although launched in 2010. I was slow to catch on


The packaging begins the story, in a sexy bottle, the shape of a high heel, which glows from within. The bottle is adorned with silken ribbons and a golden ring on the stopper.

A splash of the perfume releases, a fruity, sexy fragrance, that is gentle, yet powerful. it makes you dream of love, romance, and the spring in a park. A dash behind the ears or wrists makes you feel so feminine all over. The economics is the fragrance lasts the whole day

This summer of 2013, Marc Jacobs launched "Honey" and I cannot wait to get inside her. As always the seduction begins from the packaging.


Comments

Popular Posts