Now that we are all thinking like men, will the universe know peace? by Ada Aham

I quickened my steps, hurrying to the car, as the sun began her descent to, her bedroom
I did not want to be late for the 4 o'clock show.
I made a silent prayer,  the friday traffic will not be a snarl
where was i going, you ask?
Off to find out what it is to 'think like a man".
If I was a boy, Beyonce had sang, and I concur
So many things i would have done differently
I had not read the book, Steve Harvey's best seller  "Act like a lady, think like a man"
Somehow, i get the gist, and hoped the movie will fill in the missing spaces for me
Sitting in the crowded theatre, i mused to myself
 There seemed to be  many like me, you would like to think like a man, for a day or a year perhaps
until the cookie crumbles.
I spotted a number of men too, probably curious on how this would change their game plan.
The different personalities and scenarios were familiar, and am sure most women, have had one of them in their lives at some point
. “Player” Zeke (Romany Malco), “Mama’s Boy” Michael (Terence J), “Dreamer” Dominic (Michael Ealy), “Non-Committer” Jeremy (Jerry Ferrara), “Happily Married Guy” Bennett (Gary Owen) and “Divorced Guy” Cedric (comedian Kevin Hart).
Their leading ladies also had their issue, primarily, they made things easy for the men,
The Woman Who is Her Own Man”  Lauren, played by  (Taraji P Henson), Single Mom” Candace (Regina Hall), “Obey the 90-Day Sleepover Rule Girl” Myra (Meagan Good),  and “Ring Girl” Kristen (Gabrielle Union)

The happily divorced guy, played by Kevin Hart was a delight as usual, and  had me in stitches for the most part.
The  90-Day Sleepover Rule Girl” Myra,  who asked her date "the Player" to open car doors for her each time, had me smiling into my dimpled palms, that has been me on too many occasions. Why do so many men, find it difficult to open car doors for their ladies, or pull out the seat at a dinner table. While in some culture, it is the norm, With many African and Asian men, you have to teach them, and constantly send out a reminder as the short term memory is often in the over drive.

 If you have not seen this movie, please go see it, perhaps now that we are all thinking like men, the battle of the sexes will be officially over.
As we will all, live happily ever after, like in the movie.



Comments

Popular Posts