I Am An African Woman, Earth's First Song

I Am African, I Am Beautiful,
I am Earth's first song
Her first fruit
Firstborn that bears her burden
The Blueprint of Womanhood
Laid bare on her undulating landscape
Charcoal black and chocolate browns
Fistful of tight-knit curly hair
Not to be  recreated anywhere else
Bosom full and plump
Made to feed earth's many children
I am the African woman
The strength and soul
Of ancestral warriors
With a heart that
Stretches  beyond the
Niger, Nile, and Zambezi
A well of   knowledge deeper than the Congo river
I am Earth's firstborn
Who stays up at night weeping for her children
My secret tears, succor for the souls of the oppressed

@copyright Ngozichi Omekara December 10, 2012
Somalia born IMAN
Nigerian born Miss World 2001 Agbani Darego
South Sudan born Alek Wek


Ethiopia born Liya kedebe
Nigerian born Oluchi Onweagba
Nigerian born Nnenna Agba
South Sudan Ajan Deng


South Sudan Ataui Deng


Mali born pop/folk singer Inna Modja
Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes- Angola










Comments

Popular Posts