#BringBackOurGirls





When The Sun Weeps, It Burns And Fairy Tales Come Alive

As I sat in the poorly functioning air-conditioned bus.
Events of the past weeks sprinted through my overloaded, over-engaged mind.
Things were getting to me, in ways I had not expected. 
I was desperately looking for a scapegoat. Someone or something to blame.
I was physically and mentally exhausted, yet I was so far away from the scene of the crime.
I tried calling in sick at work, but the thought of disappointing scheduled patients and my Pocketbook would not grant me a reprieve.
So I requested some appointments be rescheduled, so I'd come in later than usual.
I was deflated. And could not even muster the strength to drive.
So I parked and rode.

And the Sun started to weep.
The Sun
it is the bane of the Tropics, 
the life force of all living creatures.
The pacemaker of our Universe
The all-conquering Sun even has its own festival.
The festival of Saturnalia; December 17-25, became today's  Christmas.

The Sun, at 9.30 am in this twin-island nation, stands hands akimbo
 like a giant in the land of Brobdingnag in Gulliver's travels
And it weeps, burning, scorching, heating up everything in its path

I signaled to the driver, the air conditioner was barely breathing
He nodded and gave it air.

I returned to my thoughts, to my head, my alternate world.
Is it the Sun in the Arabian desert, the origin of this way of life, or the fragile egos of the males who made the laws and stand by, to watch it still happen in the 21st century
Or the frustrations of unemployed illiterate youth.
Why would taking the life of another or selling young girls into slavery,
sometimes raping them repeatedly,
Believing it is approved and sanctioned by some deity
You have to be sick, sick in the head to believe such atrocity. such aberration.
You have to be a raving psychopath to kill, rape and plunder
 Beautiful land in the name of some unseen deity
And you must be the scum of the earth to support such atrocities vocally or tacitly, no matter who is the victim.
And it is only a coward of the greatest proportions, who pretend it is not happening. Who chooses to be in denial and acts like an Ostrich. While our daughters are violently violated beyond imagination.

So I looked up in the sky
And blamed it on the Weeping Sun

The Mayans long ago, sacrificed humans every day to appease the Sun.
Every day of the Mayan civilization, a human was killed and presented as an offering to the Sun
They believed if they failed to do so,  the Sun would not rise  tomorrow in the East and set in the West like it has done billions of years before the Mayans even walked the earth
Today, we know the Mayans were wrong and many innocents were murdered in ignorance.

So, the weeping Sun must have fried the brains of the societies in the Arabian desert.
 For anyone to think that it is okay to pronounce another a slave because she is born female.
Or to stone a woman to death because of adultery, while the man married four wives and kept a harem of concubines
For anyone in the 21st century to kidnap over 200 young girls from their boarding school, in the dead of the night and promise to sell them as sex slaves

Surely no deity could be so cruel.

If indeed there is a deity, her name is MOTHER
Kevin Durant can attest to her constant love and goodness.

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-9722270561140471" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Comments

Popular Posts