As The Year Turns

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses" -Johannes Kepler


As the year begins to wrap up
I figured I would do some end-of-year writing
Nothing fancy, just my thoughts as it reveals itself
I am at work, yes, Optometrists do not close down for the Christmas holidays
But I did get time off on December 25, 26th
December 25th The day Isaac Newton was born
Yeah.I know what you are thinking
"You blaspheme that's the day our Lord Jesus Christ was born you heathen!
Get a grip now, You and I know Jesus the Christ was not born on December 25th
But that's a story for another day

Neil deGrasse Tyson's tweets on Christmas day were my favorite tweets for the year.

"On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton b. Dec 25, 1642"

As I write it has been retweeted 78,000 times

"Merry Christmas to all. A Pagan holiday (BC) becomes a Religious holiday (AD). Which then becomes a Shopping holiday (USA)."

And of course, the Bible-thumpers went amok
History! History should be a mandatory subject in all schools around the world.
And All Bible-thumpers should have front-row seats in the history classes

On boxing day he responded appropriately with this excellent tweet

"Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them"

It's been a great year overall for me, no major upsets,
No great celebrations except that I am alive and thankful to the universe
The year went by pretty fast as 2015 knocked at the door
But I have had  beautiful experiences overall

I did not fulfill the new year resolution of  adding photography/charcoal painting to my repertoire
But I did stay with my Seagan diet for the most part
Made only one trip out of tropical paradise to tropical Heaven; The Spice Island -Grenada
A truly beautiful Island, with breathtaking beaches, and Scenic hilltop terrain. I visited the underwater Sculpture park.

As the year closes in, the sad news of Chris Rock's marriage hitting the rocks breaks my heart.
It really is sad when another marriage joins the statistics.
Kudos to Denzel Washington for still holding it together in Hollywood
And happy 60th birthday to one of the greatest actors of this generation.
Did you see his movie "Equalizer?
You should, it was terrific, And the DVD comes out December 30th, it is a movie that never bores you. I cannot say the same for Chris Rock's "Top Five"

I look forward to 2015.
Love somebody, forgive somebody, and be kind to somebody
Happy New year beautiful people
Ngozichi & son Flamingo Bay, Grenada, 2014

Comments

Popular Posts