PARIS-Je Suis Charlie et Ahmed




"I do not agree with what you have to say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it" -Voltaire


Paris
Je suis Charlie et Ahmed
I am Charlie and every freedom-loving person around the world
Paris, a city I visited a couple of years ago and fell in love with the beauty of its Liberty
Often referred to as the "City of Love"
The love I found in Paris was the lights of the city and the friendship of its accepting spirit.
I looked into its heart of Liberte', Egalite, Fraternite and knew I had found my soul mate
I have said to myself if there is one place I would love to spend the rest of my days; It is Paris
I stand with Paris, France and all lovers of freedom of speech; at this heart-wrenching moment in its history
There is hate in the world 
But I believe there is more love to neutralize the hatred

I often dream of a world where we can all accept one another for who we are without prejudice and judgment
A world where Freedom is really what it is "Freedom"
Of thought, Speech, and action

I believe extremism is madness, pure lunacy
Those who believe in religion are free to do so
For us who do not
We are not better or worse than them.
If you believe in god, you should also believe that your god has the powers to defend and fight for itself

So many misrepresentations have been ascribed to the original messages of the early religions
And it is heartbreaking that in the 21st century, people are yoked to these misrepresentations and sometimes superstitions
Like Voltaire once said "Fanaticism is a monster that pretends to be a child of religion"
A statement of fact that lights up the night sky today
I stand in solidarity with Paris #JeSuisCharlie
.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"- Voltaire

My thoughts and prayers to all the victims of the Paris terrorism and acts of violence around the globe
As I pray for a world of Liberty, Equality, and Unity.


Comments

Popular Posts