AND JUST LIKE THAT. IT'S 2023





 

It's a new year! We all know this, you have to be living under a boulder not to acknowledge it. As the first month draws to a close. I cannot help but wonder about tomorrow and what my plans should entail. I lie, I actually have no laid-out plans, gonna wing this year and take each day as it shows up.

I planned 2020, and y'all know how that turned out, so, I have not planned any year since then. I'm alive and well and doing what I love, I cannot complain. The only thing on my mind aside from working is travel. I spent most of last year traveling across Mexico and the United States.

Forget all the negative media about Mexico, if you have the chance you must visit this beautiful country with so much culture and history. I loved every day in Mexico, from the Capital City- Mexico City (CDMX), in central Mexico, to, the historic city of Puebla, Culinary and art Oaxaca, and the hundreds of Magic towns Cholula, (Izamal, Valladolid, Tulum, Isla Mujeres) Playa del Carmen, Cancun, in the Yucatan peninsula. You cannot go wrong!

I actually don't know what to write, I'm however working on a third Poetry/Prose book. I have been putting bits and pieces together, and it may be ready by the end of the year or not. I honestly don't know. Like we say in Swahili "pole, pole" (slowly, slowly) that's exactly my attitude to everything in life. The pandemic taught me a great lesson.

Well, here's wishing everyone a happy New year and most of the best in 2023.

I try to avoid politics here, but I cannot help but hope that my native country Nigeria gets it right in the upcoming February Presidential elections. I have lived outside Nigeria for over twenty years, but care about its welfare.


Amazon.com: NGOZICHI OMEKARA: books, biography, latest update
















 




Comments

Popular Posts