For You, my Love.


The setting sun

Casts an eerie shadow
On the window curtains
It is the dusk of another day
Another day without you
Another one lost to time
As my world drifts by
Will you return to me
Or will the war consume you
Will my love,  keep you safe?
My palpitating heartthrobs
Beats that were in harmony with yours

With the hope, that you will return
From this war  

Will you return to me
Or will the dark hole of war suck you away

My heart aches always
from the contortions of combat
My eyes are misty
pools of unshed tears
The roses are withered

and all that is left are her thorns
The uncertainty, the never knowing
Unsure, what might be
I dance to your song
Our song,
The song of your love for me
Yearning for your hands around my waist
as you play with the beads

Like you do, as we dance
Swaying to the thumps
Of the ancient drums
moving in rhythm
Your rhythm, our rhythm
Will you return to me
Or will this heart of mine
Never dance with you again.







Comments

Popular Posts