Michael Kiwanuka- Home Again





My taste in music and in most things is eclectic, so last week, when a friend told me to listen to Michael Kiwanuka, British -Ugandan. I  had never heard of him before then,.
He promised i would fall in love with his music. I did, as i listened to several songs from this new kid on the block, I agreed with the many positive reviews he has got since his debut Tell Me A Tale on 13 June 2011.
He has been compared to notables like  Bill Withers, Randy Newman, and Otis Redding, as well as Van Morrison and the Temptations. In January 2012 he won the BBC's Sound of 2012 poll.
 Kiwanuka's music fits the post-Amy Winehouse vogue for the faux-vintage soul. It's retro intentions from its opening seconds is appealing to many of us who yearn for these soulful tunes. The first thing you hear is a jazzy flute in a style similar to that of Rahsaan Roland Kirk.

I know for a fact, i will be listening to him, on my morning drive to work and back


http://us.michaelkiwanuka.com/#!all
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/mar/11/michael-kiwanuka-home-again-review

Comments

Popular Posts